Explore our global opportunities
Founded in 1992 in Surrey, just outside London, William Russell now employs almost 100 staff in 4 locations around the world (Surrey, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Dubai). We are always looking to add talented people to our teams and you can explore our current vacancies below. Feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Underwriter – UK office
As an Underwriter at William Russell you will have a key role to play in supporting the company in achieving its’ commercial objectives. You will assess an array of different and interesting prospects from around the globe, considering each on its own merits. By maintaining a consistent and considered approach to risk management and mitigation, in conjunction with your broader understanding of our commercial objectives, you will make decisions which are key to the success of our business.
Ideally you will have more than 5 years-experience working as either a group or medical underwriter within the individual or employee benefits sectors of the insurance market (Health, Life and Income Protection). Candidates with international, broader insurance sector knowledge or with plan document and procedure writing experience will also be considered. Training will be provided to ensure you are cross trained in both underwriting disciplines.
You should be a self-starter, highly motivated, have a positive mind set, and be able to work on your own initiative.
- Carrying out new business and renewal underwriting for companies, in accordance with William Russell’s underwriting guidelines. Includes assessing bespoke terms, commercial adjustments and loss ratios
- Working closely with inhouse INS and CMO to medical underwrite across group and individual contracts in accordance with William Russell’s underwriting guidelines
- Building strong relationships with our insurance partners to maintain SLA’s and negotiate the best terms
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive internal underwriting guides
- Setting out underwriting requirements for systems builds and user testing
- Reviewing and updating all existing and new product documentation and supporting literature, including all bespoke contracts, sales documentation and online sales material
- Experience in underwriting, ideally in either group or medical underwriting in the international health and protection market
- Ability to formulate and communicate accurate and considered decisions to different internal and external audiences
- Ability to analyse, process and summarise complex information and data
- Qualified or working towards ACII
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please send us your CV, with a covering note, to email@example.com.