What is international health insurance?
International health insurance is a special type of insurance that helps take care of your medical needs when you’re living, working, studying, traveling, or retired in a different country. It’s different from short-term travel insurance because it’s designed for people who permanently live abroad. With international health insurance, you’re protected for both urgent situations and regular healthcare. You can purchase this insurance for yourself or your family, or sometimes it’s provided by your employer.
This insurance usually covers various types of treatments, such as:
- Hospital care, including surgeries, accommodation, and fees for consultants.
- Treatment for conditions like cancer or other serious illnesses.
- Medical care for sudden and severe conditions.
- Emergency treatment in case of accidents or unexpected health problems.
- Scans like MRI, CT, and PET scans that help diagnose and monitor illnesses.
- Emergency medical evacuations, which means being transported to a suitable medical facility if needed.
- Dental care, including treatments and procedures for your teeth and oral health.
International health insurance ensures that you have access to quality medical services wherever you are in the world. It gives you peace of mind knowing that you’re covered for a wide range of healthcare needs, even when you’re far from home.