Blogs | Information Security Guide
A guide to keeping your personal information safe
We have recently partnered with The Defence Works, an award-winning provider of GCHQ-accredited security awareness training to create a series of guides to share best practices when it comes to keeping personal data, safe.
Keeping customer’s information secure
A guide to keeping your personal information safe, to find out more about the guides and top tips for keeping your information safe. What is personal data.
- What identifies an individual could be as simple as a name or a number or could include other identifiers such as an IP address or a cookie identifier, or other factors.
- If it is possible to identify an individual directly from the information you are processing, then that information may be personal data.
- Even if an individual is identified or identifiable, directly or indirectly, from the data you are processing, it is not personal data unless it ‘relates to’ the individual.
- When considering whether information ‘relates to’ an individual, you need to take into account a range of factors, including the content of the information, the purpose or purposes for which you are processing it and the likely impact or effect of that processing on the individual.
- It is possible that the same information is personal data for one controller’s purposes but is not personal data for the purposes of another controller.
- Information which has had identifiers removed or replaced in order to pseudonymise the data is still personal data for the purposes of GDPR.
- Information which is truly anonymous is not covered by the GDPR.
- If information that seems to relate to a particular individual is inaccurate (ie it is factually incorrect or is about a different individual), the information is still personal data, as it relates to that individual.
click on the articles below
For more information & your rights – click here
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our UK Head Office on +44 1276 486455